Last month I received the VegaOne starter kit complimentary for blog review. I have been able to try 4 of the 5 packets but because of being sick for 3 weeks, I got a little behind with my reviews.
Below is some information about VegaOne and the starter kit and then my personal review. You can also find more pictures on my instagram page-rdevaughn4.
Vega One Starter Kit
Kickstart your health with 5 days of Vega One. Made from natural, plant-based, whole food ingredients, Vega One is packed with the complete foundational nutrition your body needs to build your day on. Each packet in your starter kit contains:
· 50% daily intake of vitamins and minerals
· 15 g protein
· 6 g fiber
· 1.5 g Omega-3
· 3 servings of greens
And all with less than 150 calories!
Vega One is dairy, gluten and soy free, and contains no added sugar, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners. Use as a delicious, nutrient-supplementing addition to your favorite smoothie recipe, or simply shake with water, juice or a non-dairy beverage of your choice.
Starter Kit includes:
· 5-Day supply of Vega One in our most popular flavors: Chocolate, French Vanilla and Berry
· Quick-start guide featuring recipes and nutrition tips
· Valuable $5 coupon toward your first tub of Vega One
What’s New with Vega One?
- Superior nutritional profile
- A one-scoop complete serving
- Better digestibility
- Improved taste and texture
- Superior Nutritional Profile:
- 1000 ORAC Antioxidant Blend: we created an all-new super-fruit blend featuring maqui, acai, goji and other berries to give you a broader range of phytonutrients with over 2 times more antioxidants per scoop.
- Green Blend: we broadened the spectrum of greens by adding chlorophyll-rich, nutrient-dense superfoods such as kale, broccoli, spinach and alfalfa, along with chlorella, to boost the nutritional profile of Vega One with 20% more greens per scoop (for a total of three full servings of veggies per scoop!)
- Protein: we boosted our complete protein blend with SaviSeed protein, greatly increasing the tryptophan content (an essential amino acid). Vega One now boasts 15% more protein per scoop.
- Omega-3 (and Fiber!): we added white chia—renowned for its Omega-3 content—to bump our Omega-3s per scoop up by 20%. Chia is also one of the best-quality sources of fiber, rounding out the fiber profile of Vega One nicely.
- We did surveys, focus groups and collected ongoing consumer feedback; an overwhelming majority of you told us you only took half a serving of Health Optimizer—one scoop—a day. We formulated Vega One’s single-scoop serving to maximize the nutritional density of your one-a-day scoop, so it delivers all the antioxidants, probiotics and digestive enzymes you got from the full two scoop serving of Health Optimizer, plus more protein, greens and Omega-3 than the old single scoop.
- Higher Net-Gain Nutrition in Every Scoop: we doubled the amounts of digestive enzymes per scoop to help facilitate the breakdown of nutrients during digestion. This allows for better absorption which means higher net-gain nutrition—and we doubled the number of probiotics per scoop, too.
- Good-for-You Can Taste Good, Too: Beloved as it was for its nutritional profile, the number one complaint about Health Optimizer we heard loud and clear over the years was how (not so delicious) it tasted. Our research was resounding proof that the next generation of Health Optimizer needed a taste overhaul. Even some of our most loyal Vega fans admit to blending Health Optimizer into smoothies—just to make it palatable. Vega One offers premium nutrition AND great taste in the same scoop, but it can also be blended for those adventurous consumers
- Ingredients Impact Flavor: After tasting every ingredient in Health Optimizer individually, we discovered a few elements that stood out in all the worst (tasting) ways. We replaced some vitamins and minerals in our blend with more expensive, neutral-tasting sources.
- On-the-go Portability: Delivering exceptional nutritional value on-the-go has been one of the cornerstones of Vega formulation. Our research told us the taste of Health Optimizer was a barrier to the very portability it was designed for—Vega One is so delicious mixed with water alone, you’ll never have to sacrifice taste for travel again.
Vega One Starter Kit
After that I tried FRENCH VANILLA with frozen blueberries, strawberries, half a banana and water and again it had this weird taste to me and I only drank half of it. I have never tried a vanilla protein drink before so I guess I’m not use to it.
Last I tried the CHOCOLATE with frozen strawberries and banana which was the best out of all of them. I’m not a big chocolate protein powder fan, but I liked this one! and so did my toddler!
I use my magic bullet to make all my morning smoothies and it mixes up very nicely!!
Hoping to be able to try the Vega Sport line next…
Has anyone been able to try the starter kit yet or any of VegaOne’s products??